Special prosecutors in New Mexico are seeking to recharge actor Alec Baldwin with involuntary manslaughter in the fatal shooting of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on the “Rust” movie set in 2021, based on “additional facts” found during the 2-year forensic evaluation of the gun Baldwin used. The “new” evidence will be presented to a grand jury to determine whether probable cause exists to bind Baldwin over on criminal charges.
NRA Board, debacle
- NRA’s 2024 Board Selections: More of the Same – Let’s Make a Change!
- Revelations in the NY Case
- NRA Move to Texas
Israel, guns, civilians, vigilance
- The Retired Israeli General Who Grabbed His Pistol and Took on Hamas
- Israel has reduced gun restrictions for the second time since the initial Hamas attack.
FBI Director Christopher Wray has revealed the bureau has seen an increase in domestic threats since the war started in Israel.
After the Trudeau administration passed an ill-conceived “assault weapons” ban, it had to delay expiration of an “amnesty period” for a year, and has now further delayed it for two more years. They’re trying to figure out how to make it work and confiscate the guns. Well Justin, the way you do that is start a war you cannot win.
- The University of California, Los Angeles School of Law and the Georgetown University Law Center promote Al-Haq, which was designated as a terrorist organization by Israel in 2021, as a potential employment option for their graduates. The Northeastern University School of Law promotes both Al-Haq and Addameer, another Israeli-designated terrorist organization.
- Related: after less than 12 hours, Google has taken down the site with public information about which student groups endorse Hamas terrorism.
- Philadelphia District Attorney Larry Krasner blamed the NRA for the shooting of two Philadelphia police officers who disrupted a car burglary at Philadelphia International Airport last week.
While speaking at the Human Rights Campaign National Dinner last Saturday night, President Joe Biden pushed for an “assault weapons” ban and asked, “Who in God’s name needs a weapon with 100 rounds in the chamber?”
Biden did not provide an example of a gun that holds 100 rounds in the chamber – perhaps because there is no such thing – but said “That weapon’s only meant for one thing…to kill people.”
Assuming such a thing did exist, and assuming it was designed specifically to kill people, then the answer to his question is, every U.S. citizen needs one to defend against the federal government. That is why the Second Amendment exists.
In the meantime, Biden advised reporters Wednesday that Palestinian Hamas terrorists have “gotta learn how to shoot straight,” the day after an explosion outside a hospital in the Gaza Strip.
- American Rifleman
- Authorities investigating double homicide in midtown Tucson
Not a DGU
Violence: Red vs. Blue
The Only Ones
- Matthew P. McCulloch, a 39-year-old St. Louis County, MO, police officer, was charged with multiple crimes after he allegedly made death threats to attendees and fired 11 rounds from his gun at an elementary school trunk-or-treat event. No reported injuries.
“Our hope is that we can build that population back up to a level that harvest can be sustained.” – Anthony Ballard, of the Bear Unit of The Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks.
- .22 bears. I DO NOT recommend .22s for bears.
- Bear defense – A study claims that handguns are more effective than rifles or shotguns when used in defense against bears.
Tactics & Stuff
- Gun Meme of the Day: One in the Tube Edition
- Empty Chamber Carry – 1. FWIW, I am one who strongly opposes the practice in most situations.
- 1911 detail strip with no tools
- How to get arrested in a foreign country.
The Army’s Lake City Ammunition Plant has canceled its commercial (civilian) ammunition contracts. Lake City, run by Winchester, currently supplies (up until now) 30% of the U.S. civilian market for 5.56mm ammo. NATO, and Israel, use it.
There was an explosion and fire at a Hornady Manufacturing chemical compounding building in Wood River, Nebraska, last week. One fatality and two injuries occurred during the mixing process of a primer compound.
We previously reported that Vista Outdoor was planning to spin off its Sporting Products group (Federal, Remington, CCI, Speer, Alliant Powder, Hevi-Shot, and Estate Cartridges) as an independent business under the name The Kinetic Group. They changed their mind. Now Vista says the group will be sold to Czechoslovak Group (CSG) for $1.91 billion dollars in an all cash transaction. CSG also owns CSG Ammo, which includes Fiocchi, Baschieri & Pellagri, and Lyalvale Express. CSG is not the Czech company that bought Colt and renamed it Colt CZ Group.
Former MHP Trooper, ten time National Police Pistol Combat Champion, two time NRA Precision Pistol Champion, dog lover and famous squirrel hunter Philip Hemphill has died at age 71.
- Federal’s new Gold Medal Action Pistol ammo offers even better accuracy and consistency than the original Gold Medal, and is loaded to competition power-factor requirements with a fully encapsulated flat nosed FMJ bullet and Catalyst lead-free primer. 9mm Luger, 147-grain FMJ and 40 S&W, 180-grain FMJ.
- The new Garmin Xero® C1 Pro Chronograph is smaller than a deck of cards and has no peripherals to hook up. Looks like it works with the Doppler effect. Turn it on. Set it up. Point it in the direction of fire, and shoot. $600.
- HEVI-Shot has a new load in its HEVI-Metal Xtreme line, consisting of a 12 gauge, shot size 2 tungsten AND BB steel, 1-1/4 ounce, 3-inch load at 1,450 fps. HEVI-Metal Xtreme loads feature a layer of HEVI-Shot’s original 12 g/cc HEVI-XII tungsten pellets (30%) stacked over steel pellets (70%) three sizes larger in the same shell. Around $2+ per shell.
- The Italian Firearms Group consists of F.A.I.R., Pedersoli, Tanfoglio and Brno. Interesting and attractive products.
- Redding Reloading Equipment has a new line of Metric Micrometer Equipped Premium Die Sets for handgun and straight wall cartridges. Premium Die Sets for rifle cartridges will be offered featuring a Carbide Size Button in the full-length sizing die and Metric Bullet Seating Micrometer on the seating die. The new metric micrometer will be available in both the Premium Full Length two (2) die sets and Premium Deluxe three (3) die sets. Premium Die Sets for handgun cartridges consist of a three (3) die set that contains the Redding NxGen Carbide Sizing Die, a unique Special Expander Die and Premium Seating Die available with the (STD) Metric Bullet Seating Micrometer. These dies have a large entry taper for easy case entry and high production.
- The Smith & Wesson Response breaks barriers for those looking to enter the pistol caliber carbine market. With its innovative FLEXMAG System, you can use a “wide range” of double stack 9mm pistol magazines from Smith & Wesson and other manufacturers. (Just the M&P® double stack and G17®/G19®). $800.
“If you really wanted to save children you’d outlaw skateboards or cigarettes, not AR-15s.” – Will Dabbs, MD
“There are only two types of people who will bring a gun into a church.
1. Bad people
2. Good people.
You can stop only one of those groups from bringing guns into the church.” – Tom Gresham
“While a .38 snub or a small auto pistol might be a fine choice for a skilled practitioner in a low-threat environment, I would submit that we are no longer in a ‘low threat environment.'” – Trainer Greg Ellifritz, about the USA