Livestream the 2023 Gun Rights Policy Conference this Saturday, September 23rd beginning at 8 am Phoenix time. FREE.
Sign a petition urging your U.S. Rep. to co-sponsor Rep. Andrew Clyde’s bill to BLOCK the ATF’s new rule implementing backdoor Universal Background Registration Checks.
A panel of the U.S. Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals has ruled that existing federal prohibitions on felons possessing firearms are constitutional in the case Vincent v. Garland. This conflicts with a Third Circuit case.
Hunter Biden got the expected 3-count indictment he so richly deserved for federal gun law violations, but the consensus seems to be that he will work out another sweetheart plea deal with prosecutors to avoid a trial and prison time. We’ll see. His attorney says he will plead not guilty to the gun charges. We are also curious about no charges related to the SECOND gun Hunter was seen holding.
North Dakota District Judge Daniel L. Hovland has refused to issue an injunction against the ATF’s enforcement of its final rule against pistol-stabilizing devices, stating that “the Second Amendment is not at issue.” The case, The Firearms Regulatory Accountability Coalition, Inc. v. Garland, was filed by the Firearms Regulatory Accountability Coalition (FRAC) and 24 state attorneys general challenging rule. I predict an appeal to a literate court.
Last Friday, Federal District Court Judge Reed O’Connor of the Northern District of Texas reissued preliminary injunctions prohibiting the ATF from enforcing the Final Rule (FINAL RULE 2021R-05F) on frames and receivers against two companies: Defense Distributed, makers of the Ghost Gunner, and Blackhawk Manufacturing Group, Inc., d/b/a 80 Percent Arms. The Texas-based case is Vanderstok v. Garland and has been at the center of the fight over incomplete frames and receivers for a little over a year.
The Second Amendment Foundation and founder Alan Gottlieb have moved their civil rights lawsuit against Washington Attorney General Bob Ferguson from federal court to Washington State court in a move the plaintiffs hope will bring a speedier resolution to their case against Ferguson for using his office to abuse the SAF & Co.
The federal government argued in a criminal case this week that England’s disarming of Catholics provides historical support for modern laws disarming felons. We note that England’s disarmament laws also directly led to the firing of the shot heard round the world at Lexington and Concord on April 19, 1775, which sparked the American Revolutionary War.
Sig P320 Pistol Lawsuits Update
Chicken brain New Mexico Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham last Friday narrowed her unconstitutional order that broadly suspended the right to carry firearms in and around Albuquerque to apply only to public parks and playgrounds where children and their families gather. The governor’s damage control came days after a federal judge blocked enforcement of the order and a slew of lawsuits were filed.
Fenix Ammunition cautioned New Mexico law enforcement about enforcing the illegal ban, saying “Police officers in New Mexico should remember that their qualified immunity was removed in 2021 by Gov. Grisham. So, if you enforce her 30 day gun ban, you WILL be personally held accountable for your actions, in addition to being a trash human being…” Well said.
We have a report that the governor’s ban has caused a spike in gun sales in the area.
It seems to me that Gov. Lujan Grisham should have simply banned Alec Baldwin from having a gun in New Mexico.
- I suspect the reported number is low.
- And while we’re on the subject, President Biden is announcing a new White House office with the formal name “Office of Gun Violence Prevention,” also to be known as “Office of Illegal Suppression of Constitutional Rights.” This will likely lead to MORE violent deaths.
The FBI is hiring credentialed teachers (K-12) to work as special agents, reportedly to be embedded in school systems nationwide to report on teachers, administrations, and school boards suspected of politically incorrect speech or activities.
The Only Ones
- Suspected robber who allegedly pistol-whipped store clerk stopped in his tracks by armed good Samaritan: cops
- The Armed Citizen
Tactics & Stuff
- Profiling Mass Killers. Ron Borsch.
- Shotgun stuff. Greg Ellifritz.
- Magazine capacity
- The .41 Remington Magnum. I’m a fan, to the complete exclusion of .44 Magnums.
- Self-Defense Law: The Prosecution’s Perspective. By Marty Hayes
- 21st Tec’s TEC47 is an AR10-style rifle chambered in 7.62×39 that uses AK magazines.
- The Taurus Judge Home Defender is a revolver with the usual 5-round 3″ .410/.45 Colt cylinder, but has a 13″ barrel, a top aluminum Picatinny rail, and a forend with forward under-rail and a blast shield so you can use the forend without cylinder blast injury. No word on holsters.
- Kentucky Gun Co has SCCY CPX-2, 9mm 3.1″ 10-round Pistol for just $168.99 with FREE shipping.
- Kershaw knife sale
- MDT Sporting Goods Ltd. has a new .22-250 MDT Metal AICS Magazine with a 10 round capacity – apparently a first for the .22-250. AICS magazines are a standardized magazine design used in many precision bolt-action rifles and chassis systems. $80.