Reminder: No newsletter next week and possibly the week after.
A Christmas Story
The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals put on hold a judge’s order from last month that barred New York officials from enforcing part of the new law making it a felony to carry a gun on private property without the property owner’s express consent.
Bill of Rights
Dec. 15 is Bill of Rights Day.
Newly released photos of collateral damage from ATF’s Fast & Furious Mexican drug cartel gunrunning operation. Still no arrests of complicit U.S. government employees. ATF is still in the process of destroying the evidence, something well within their area of practice. Perhaps those two facts are linked.
UPS tries to cover its tracks. I don’t believe them.
Podium, which calls itself the country’s leading communication and payments platform for local businesses, has dropped its previously-recruited customers that sell guns. The company best known for texting and messaging marketing changed its terms of service last month to make all “firearms-related businesses, activities, or transactions” to be “prohibited.”
The Centers For Disease Control and Prevention (which has no business doing gun control in the first place) removed a reference to a study it commissioned showing defensive gun use stats after a group of gun-control advocates complained in a private meeting that publication of the data on defensive gun uses would make it harder to pass unconstitutional gun restrictions.
In Chicago, where the Supreme Court’s McDonald decision incorporated the Heller decision against the states and forced the city to respect Second Amendment rights, a CCW license holder shot two men who opened fire at him from a vehicle as he walked in the Loop last weekend.
29-year-old Jacob Murphy, believed to be a former Amazon worker, arrived with a gun at the Amazon Fulfillment Center parking lot in Chandler, AZ, last Wednesday morning and shot an Amazon-contracted employee multiple times. Then, a third man, also a contract worker, fired his own gun at Murphy, killing him. The second man was taken to the hospital with life-threatening injuries. Our understanding is that Amazon bans carry inside its facilities but, under Arizona law, cannot ban firearms in the parking lot without providing secure fencing, limiting access by an armed guard or similar security measure and offering secure, temporary storage for weapons.
Not a DGU
Why you don’t just give them what they want:
Tactics & Gear
CCW while pregnant
- Don’t evacuate public locations because of non-specific bomb threats. By doing so, you are actually placing the building occupants in more danger.
Scope Rings and Bases
- Ruger’s newest addition to its Lite Rack™ family of pistols is the Ruger Security-380®, chambered in .380 ACP. 10-round flush fit magazine and an extended, 15-round magazine.
- FN America has introduced the FN SCAR 15P pistol chambered in 5.56 NATO. $3700.
- The Versaring configurable scope ring system offers three or four different scope heights with one pair of rings. Three styles, in 1″ or 30mm. Fits Weaver and Picatinny bases. Lifetime warranty. $50-$70.
- Bear Creek Arsenal now has .410 AR-15 shotguns and complete uppers, so you can now shoot rimfire, pistol, rifle, and shotgun ammo from the same Bear Creek Arsenal AR-15 lower (with the purchase of corresponding uppers).
“Look.”“At what?”“Everything; then you’ll never have to ask.”– old Indian saying