- The Everytown gun ban group and two wounded LA County deputies are suing Polymer80 for selling “ghost gun” kits, which is perfectly legal.
- Related: Biden “usurping” legislative authority: Congress unloads for rewriting gun laws
- Court Rules Smith & Wesson Has to Turn Over Internal Marketing Documents to New Jersey Attorney General
- US District Court in CT: Gun Permit not Valid Cause for Arrest and Search
Gun free zone massacre
England has pretty much every gun ban and onerous, prohibitive gun control law ever conceived, experienced a shooting massacre this week. I’m guessing they’ll pass another stupid law now.
We have a report that Buz Mills, one of the very few legitimate members of the NRA Board of Directors (BOD), has resigned his Board seat. Interestingly, a simple search to confirm the spelling of Mr. Mills’ nickname turned up this.
Susan Howard (the actress) has also resigned from the Board.
Meanwhile, there’s still a brouhaha about the loss of liability insurance for the BOD, and while they’re claiming they have replaced the policy the actual coverage is apparently highly questionable. Frankly, I think most of the directors should pay the price for their intentional or irresponsible misdeeds instead of being covered by insurance.
The Mississippi Association of Chiefs of Police (MACP) has released its first ever 10-8 Report, which scored state legislators on their voting record “in support of law enforcement” from the 2021 Legislative session. Make no mistake: the MACP’s position is anti-gun, and therefore a low score may be indicative of a pro-rights legislator.
- ATF agent training revealed
- How the ATF handles evidence
- The ATF has decided that the Rare Breed FRT-15 Trigger is a machine gun. Rare Breed disagrees.
- The more we hear about ATF director nominee David Chipman (and now his wife), the more it becomes apparent that he should never have been in any position of public service, trust, or authority, much less any sort of leader. Keep the pressure on.
The Only Ones
The San Diego Police Department has filed a Gun Violence Restraining Order case against Officer Trevor Sterling, who was arrested in Pacific Beach last month and accused of using his personal weapon to threaten someone outside of a bar while he was off duty. The charges are assault with a deadly weapon and brandishing a firearm in a threatening manner.
We have an unconfirmed report that recently in the middle of a commercial flight (domestic – airline not identified) there was a verbally abusive/combative passenger currently in the lavatory at the rear of the plane that, according to flight attendants, “may need to be subdued.” So they called for a doctor amongst the passengers. A doctor.
Gun Owner Insurance
Though titled in the article as “insurance,” some of these programs are not actually insurance. Read the fine print. You may not want insurance.
1911 Pistol Techniques
I am no longer recommending the SureFire Sidekick keychain light, as my copy has cracked its plastic housing and now squeaks when pressed. So far it remains functional. It’s very bright but a bit bulky. With only a 1-year warranty, it should probably be considered disposable. I suspect there are better options out there and will report when I try one.
The new FN 509 MRD-LE has been chosen by the Los Angeles Police Department as its new duty pistol. I think the FN 509 series (an upgrade of the FNS line), while not at the forefront of most people’s minds, is a contender for the highest quality in a duty/defensive pistol. Here is a new American Rifleman video review of the 509 Tactical version.
“Don’t go looking for trouble not expecting to find it.” – John Farnam