Fatal fireworks stupidity

A 22-year-old man “accidentally” committed suicide by stupidity last weekend at a party in Calais, ME. He had been drinking (duh!) when he decided to set a mortar tube on top of his head and light a firework from it. He died instantly.

Now his mother, Kathleen Staples, who likened selling fireworks to providing people with bombs, says a training and licensing program should be required for those who purchase fireworks to ensure they are used safely.

Lady, if you didn’t raise your now-adult child to have sense enough to not light up an explosive on his head, a regulation ain’t gonna keep him alive. How on earth did he live this long?

Don’t miss my next post!

2A News is sent weekly. Unsubscribe anytime.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top